Volunteer Information and Downloads
Welcome to Wisconsin!
Families from Puerto Rico are moving here. We are working with the Wisconisn Elections Commission to make sure they can exercise their right to vote. NEW Information on how to get a photo ID for voting. We will help.
City of Milwaukee announces there will be 3 early voting sites + City Hall for 2018. Exact locations have not yet been announced. We will post them here.
Open Voter Registration Period Now
When we vote, we are voting for the welfare of our whole community
You have a deadline to hire the best person from those who applied. It is not a popularity contest. You must do it by election day. Don’t throw your vote away. Hire the applicant you think will do the best job for all of us. This is why we encourage everyone to vote in every election.
Milwaukee Ward Maps – click here
- 323 wards with maps and office holder information
- outline map of ward
- list of all officeholders representing the ward
- dates of next election for each office
- tips for voters on voter ID, online registration, more
~ download table signs ~
Table Sign 8.5 x 11 Voter & Election Information (pdf )
Table Sign 8.5 x 11 Moved? Re-Register (pdf)
Table Sign 8.5 x 11 Register to Vote (pdf)
Table Sign 8.5 x 11 Who Needs to Re-register? (pdf)
Clipboard Sign 8.5 x 11 Clipboard Sign (pdf)
Name Badge placard (foldable) Name Badge (pdf)
Wisconsin ID Poster 8.5 x 11 (pdf)
Legends Brochure – What we do, Who we are, How to contact us
Your guide to the new Wisconsin on-line voter registration process. Download This was prepared by Linea from the information provided by the Wisconsin Election Commission. Get the power point version from Linea
Your updated guide to evrything related to getting and using an ID for voting. Download pdf copy.
From Linea’s virtual garage- Updated for 2018
- City of Milwaukee Libraries addresses, hours – librarian will assist online registration – UPDATE
- Department of Motor Vehicles locations – Locations in Milwaukee area
- Smart voting rights & tips 4 to a page/2 sides, handout on your rights as a voter
- Acceptable ID sixers 2018 6 to a page/ 2 sides, lists what IDs are acceptable for registration and at the polls. These make nice handouts at busy events and locations. Dates of 2018 elections. UPDATE
- “How to” information for registering homeless people with required form for signing – NEW
- Residency Information – Homeless People – NEW
- Elderly and Voters with Disabilities – Info – NEW
- City of Milwaukee packet – ID information and Milwaukee Registration Form
- Applicaton for absentee ballot 2017 elections Milwaukee (instructions for process)
- Application for absentee ballot 2017 elections Wisconsin (instructions – Milwaukee accepts this form)
- Election Inspector Job description and application – any Milwaukee County citizen at least 18 years old may apply
- High School Voter packet. pdf Excellent material including: US voting rights historical timeline and information on how to vote in Wisconsin. Talk about the history. Let students test themselves with the old Louisiana jim crow literacy test. Perfect time to talk about curent voter suppression laws. (packet prepared by League of Women Voters of Milwaukee County)
Downloads not working? Please Contact us
Basics of online voter registration (OVR)
This is being revised. It will be easier to use. Thanks for your patience. Suggestions
Not registered? changed name? address change?
- Check for voter’s current registration here → My Vote
- Does the voter have a Wisconsin Drivers License (WDL) or Wisconsin ID?
- Is the address and name on the WDL or ID up to date?
- If “yes” then go to the new online registration at → MyVote
- If the voter’s address is not current, go to the Wisconsin Department of Motor Vehicles first to change the address: DMV Address Change
Address on driver’s license does not have to be current address. DMV does not automatically issue new driver’s license for address change.
Then go to MyVote to register online. It is important to update the address in the DMV database first. It can take a couple minutes to more thna 15 to update the DMV database. You can give a yellow “acceptable ID” handout to the voter. It has the MyVote URL address. They can register at MyVote from a home computer.
Wisconsin Election Commission Online Voter Registration system explained – Wisconsin Election Commisison
New restrictions on voter registration mean you must show an ID when you register. The correct ID. Same for voting. Click here “Bring it to the Ballot” for information from the Wisconsin Elections Board.
The Wisconsin State Journal reports on the new ID for seniors. It does not expire. However, to get one, the senior must give up their driver’s license. (2/1/16)
The VA – ID card can be used for voting purposes.
Part of a campaign to spark interest among young people for voting. A jolt of fun. Be ready to dance! Happy voting! (Full Tunes Production)
Notice elections for EU representatives are held over 2 days on a weekend. Good way to increase turnout.
Every Voter — Every Election
We assist voters register online, make address changes, get acceptable IDs & proof of residence, hand out current voter information. We encourage and inspire civic paticipation. We remind voters of every election.
Freda helps a new citizen register to vote
Our President’s full farewell speech (text) in Chicago, January 10, 2017. This printed copy of the speech has clickable links for more information. (Washington Post, January 10, 2017)
Find a mistake? Ideas? Can you check our translations? Contact: Web workers
© 2017 Supermarket Legends, Milwaukee Wisconsin