Also Known As:
Volunteer Information and Downloads
We assist voters register online, make address changes, get acceptable IDs & proof of residence, hand out current voter information. We encourage and inspire civic paticipation. We remind voters of every election.
Freda helps a new citizen register to vote
~ download table signs ~
Table Sign 8.5 x 11 “Voter & Election Information” (pdf )
Table Sign 8.5 x 11 Moved? Re-Register (pdf) –fixed
Table Sign 8.5 x 11 Register to Vote (pdf)
Your guide to the new Wisconsin on-line voter registration process. Download This was prepared by Linea from the information provided by the Wisconsin Election Commission. Get the power point version from Linea
Wisconsin Election Commission Online Voter Registration system explained
23 minutes, from Wisconsin Election Commission
Downloads not working? Contact us
The open voter registration period is now
Supermarket Legend, Frank, helps out at the South Side Clinic in Milwaukee
Basics of online voter registration (OVR)
This is being revised. It will be easier to use. Thanks for your patience. Suggestions
Not registered? changed name? address change?
- Check for voter’s current registration here → My Vote
- Does the voter have a Wisconsin Drivers License (WDL) or Wisconsin ID?
- Is the address and name on the WDL or ID up to date?
- If “yes” then go to the new online registration at → MyVote
- If the voter’s address is not current, go to the Wisconsin Department of Motor Vehicles first to change the address: DMV Address Change
Address on driver’s license does not have to be current address. DMV does not automatically issue new driver’s license for address change.
Then go to MyVote to register online. It is important to update the address in the DMV database first. It can take a couple minutes to more thna 15 to update the DMV database. You can give a yellow “acceptable ID” handout to the voter. It has the MyVote URL address.
From Linea’s virtual garage
(click to download the ones you want. If the text is blue, you can click it to download it.)
- City of Milwaukee Libraries addresses, hours – librarian will assist online registration
- Acceptable ID sixers 2017 6 to a page; lists what ID is acceptable for registration and at the polls. These make nice handouts at busy events and locations. On yellow paper.
- Applicaton for absentee ballot 2017 elections Milwaukee (instructions for process)
- Application for absentee ballot 2017 elections Wisconsin (instructions – Milwaukee accepts this form)
- Election Inspector Information on how to become one
- Smart voting rights & tips valuable handout on your rights as a voter
- High School Voter packet. pdf Excellent material including: US voting rights historical timeline and information on how to vote in Wisconsin. Talk about the history. Let them test themselves with the old Louisiana jim crow literacy test. Perfect time to talk about curent voter suppression laws.
Voter ID Information
- General ID Information for Everyone – English REVISED and Español
- ID Information for Seniors – English REVISED and Español
- ID Information for Students – English REVISED
- ID information compiled and published by Common Cause in Wisconsin, League of Women Voters of Wisconsin and Our Democracy 2020
(Items are being added/updated ASAP. We link to the official web sites when possible to make certain you always get the updated information.)
New restrictions on voter registration mean you must show an ID. The correct ID. Same for voting. Click on the “Bring it to the Ballot” box for information from the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board.
The Wisconsin State Journal reports on the new ID for seniors. It does not expire. However, to get one, the senior must give up their driver’s license. (2/1/16)
The VA ID card can be used for voting purposes.
These are 4 to a page (8.5 X 11). Black & white. Great handouts with a plain reverse to write additional information for the voter.
Voting is a Right. – not a privilege. – not a favor. – Not a gift. Voting is a Right.
No Vote = No Democracy
Part of a campaign to spark interest among young people for voting. A jolt of fun. Be ready to dance! Happy voting! (Full Tunes Production)
Our President’s full farewell speech (text) in Chicago, January 10, 2017. This printed copy of the speech has clickable links for more information. (Washington Post, January 10, 2017)
The Netherlands Wants to be 2nd
This video from The Netherlands has 50 million views wordwide. All of Europe’s late night tv shows want their country to be #2. Countries in other continents are producing videos.
The shared video web site is up – Links to the many videos coming soon. ItsGreat.eu The other name for the same web site is: EverySecondCounts.EU (There is a sportswear company in the UK with the same name LOL) #itsgreat.eu
Find a mistake? Ideas? Contact: Web workers
© 2017 Supermarket Legends, Milwaukee Wisconsin